Sunday, January 15, 2012

Busy week

Okay okay I know I've been totally slacking lately. I went back to work temporarily last week and it totally kicked my butt. Made me appreciate so much more being able to stay home with Brenden. I'm filling in a few days a week at the day care I use to work at. It's not horrible, I love the center and co-workers. For a second I actually contimplated going back permenatly. Brenden was able to go as well and stay in the 2 year old room. Just had to pay a small highly discounted rate. So even though I was working 930-630, I saw him off and on all day, and spyed on him through the windows of course. But not getting home until almost 7 was totally killing both of us. And then I'd let him stay up until atleast 830 (normally in bed at 7) so he could play at home and spend time with us. Anyhow, wasn't horrible. And I made some extra money. I have a few days this week as well.

So aside from my excuses, I was busy enough not to do any shopping this week. I did buy a few grocerys last week and not post them, but it wasn't anything major. Just enough to get us through the week. (Bread, milk, fruit). Anyways, me and Brenden did venture out to go to 2 stores today. Normally I only shop at Publix because most of their sales fit what I need and I dont have the time to hit Kroger for just 1 or 2 things. But this week was worth it. Now my total will seem really high. BUT I've decided to go back on weight watchers so some of what I bought isn't stuff I was buying before. And we all know eating healthy is much more expensive than eating junk food. But I guess I picked good timing because WW stuff was on sale at both stores this week. (On sale=still expensive compared to what I usually pay).

Sooo. My total for the week was $71.19
I used around $33 in coupons and then store sales. EVERYTHING I bought was atleast on sale beside the bananas.
*Chicken on sale for $1.99/lb at kroger so I stocked up. One other reason the bill was a bit higher.



Overall, my trip included:
2 paper towels (Free after coupons)
3 Huggies wipes (Were actually on 'closeout' for $1.19 each. Had $.80 each off coupon).
2 WW ice creams (Pricey. Had $1.00 each coupon but still paid around $3.00 each).
2 Yogurt 4 pks ($1.00 each after coupons).
1/2 gal milk
Lunch meat-Ham, turkey, 2 peperonies
Fritos
Quaker chips
4 packs of chicken breast, and 3 packs of chicken tenderloins
2 packs cheese
Chicken broth & beef broth (2 each)
2 PB
2 Smuckers jam
2 Ritz bits
Rits thin crackers
4 quacker chewy bars
WW snack cakes (Again pricer, but were on sale and I had a coupon so it was as cheap as it was gonna get).
2 packs gum (Both free)
Stir fry seasoning (Free)
salad mix
bananas
strawberrys
celery
3 ears of corn
cantaloup


Anyhow, I have a cute project to do with all those Christmas cards you need to take down but don't want to throw away! So keep looking. I'l try and get it up by tomarrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment