Monday, January 2, 2012

Spent $17.76. Saved 42.96.

So I just got back from my first trip to Kroger since my New Years Resolution. It was a good trip.

So for this I spent $17.76 after sales and coupons. All of the coupons actually came out of this weeks paper. So if your resolution was to start couponing and this week's is all you have you'd be in great shape. I bought 2 papers on Saturday and then one got delivered on Sunday. So total I had 3. (I buy atleast 1 on saturday so I can look at the sale papers a day early. The 1st Sunday each month is when the Proctor and Gamble coupons go out so that is why I bought 2. I knew I would want them). However, in one of the papers that I bought there were actually 4 of one of the coupon inserts (the Smart Source one I beleive). So I actually got 6 sets of some coupons!! Anyways so for this trip: (Im going to try to make it least confusing but still shows you how to do it).

Tide Laundry Detergent: (Part of buy 4 items, save $4) $5.99 each X4=$23.96
I used 4 $2.00 off any Tide coupons. I got 3 from this Sundays paper and one I had from being on their mailing list.

Soft Soap hand soap: On sale for $.88 each X6= $5.28
I used 6 of the $.40 off any Softsoap coupons from this Sundays paper. (They were from the insert I got extras of). Kroger doubles coupons under $.50 so it was really like the coupon was for $.80 off.

Old Spice body wash: (Part of buy 4 items, save $4) $3.49 each X3= $10.47
I used 3 of the $2.00 off any Oldspice coupons from this Sundays paper.

Herbel Essence hair styler: (Part of buy 4 items, save $4) $2.99
I used $1.00 off any Herbel Essence product

So total in Coupons was $19.80
I bought 8 of the items that you got $4.00 off for every 4 you bought. So I got $8.00 off.

Pre Tax Total: $42.70
Coupons/money off: $27.80
Total spent pre tax:  $14.90

I dont know how much exactly everything cost when it's not on sale. But it's a whole lot more! The tide itself is usually $8-9$ each. The "Spent $17.76. Saved 42.96." is from my reciept.

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if your kroger has a sale before our kroger- only because our kroger just ended this same sale... if so this might be great b/c you can give me the deals a week or two prior :) lol! awesome blog btw!

    ReplyDelete