Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Card Book

Okay I'm back to show yall the idea I had to do with all of my Christmas cards. If you're like me, you don't want to throw away all those photo cards you get every years, so I just take them down and throw them in a drawer. Well I saw an idea similar to this on Pinterest a few weeks back and decided to try it out. Cost me nothing to make.
You'll need:
Wrapping paper
Cardboard (I used a box from a Christmas gift that still hadn't made it all the way to the trash.)
Hole punch
Binder rings-2

Step 1: Trace your largest Christmas card on the carboard. Then cut out 2 rectangles that are a little larger than the card.

Step 2:  Wrap each board in your favorite left over wrapping paper.


Step 3: Choose your smallest card and decide where you want to punch holes. I hole punched 1 card, then used it as a template to hole punch my cardboard.


Step 4: I organized all my cards by size, then hole punched each size a few at a time. I used a sharpie to make the dots through my template card and then hole punched. So they will all line up.



Step 5:  Place your binder ring first through your back piece of cardboard, then through each picture. ( I had cards from the past 2 years, and organized then all by year. I also placed the larger cards on firsts so they will be towards the back of my book).




Step 6: Repeat this with the 2nd ring in your other holes. Then place the 2nd piece of board, your cover, on. Close both rings.


FINISHED :)
 Now you have all your cards in one place and can pull it out every year and look through them! You can always use nicer looking wrapping paper and add decorative things to your rings to make it look nicer.

1 comment:

  1. WOW so creative! I want to be crafty! hehe. BTW thanks for the comment on my blog. I don't have time for youtube either...i like writing better...i don't feel so exposed if that makes any sense:)

    ReplyDelete